Music for The Troubled Man


Templates Online

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Girl Outside  

I stare out the window in a speechless daze,
At the angel gliding along the cobblestones, between the houses that form a maze   
 She flits along the street with an elegance that puts a ballerina to shame
This earthly wonder that I must try to tame

 She walks down the winding road towards a house
Adorned in an evening blouse
 Her Auburn hair flows with tendrils of moonlight
And she walks on, oblivious to my internal plight

 This goddess of the night looks up to the sky
With her flowing curls, I half expect her to fly
Her eyes sparkle like stained glass, each eye a golden orb
I try whole heartedly to capture this as a memory that I can absorb

Looking at those eyes, I feel a passion so strong it would part the sea
And still she has no inkling of my desperate plea
She is so beautiful and so pure
Every aspect of her being adds to her allure

Her youthful, slender face emits a happy glow
As if it were painted into perfection by the very brushstrokes of Picasso
She spots me in the window above
And sees me battling with the bitter pangs of love

She raises her arm to wave, flashing a smile as radiant as the sun
And I stare back gasping, nowhere for me to run
Paralyzed by the plethora of emotions, I only manage a weak smile in return
A small, pathetic gesture for the one that I so yearn

She turns away and heads for the door
Leaving my heart heavy and unsure
My brain is in a misty haze
Her image deep inside my mind it stays


The door closes behind her and the world seems dark and bleak
My legs give way and I sit down, feeling weak
I can’t escape from this sorry prison that is so grim and gray
And there is no denying, my love for her is here to stay



No comments:

Post a Comment