Music for The Troubled Man


Templates Online

Sunday, January 16, 2011


Scout’s Journal #1

 Hi, my name is Scout. I’m gonna be keeping a journal from now on. Atticus says that it’s that writing down your experiences is good so you can remember them later in the future. Atticus says that he wishes that he had done so because he doesn’t remember that much about his childhood. I’m not old like him so I don’t have to worry about forgetting too much but I have forgotten some things. For example I don’t remember much about my mother. Atticus doesn’t like to talk about her too much and Jem finds it painful to do so as well. I wish I could remember more about her but I was very young when she died. I feel sad that she’s not here with Atticus, Jem and I. Oh well I guess I’ve got Calpurnia. But she is terribly bossy!

Anyway, I’ve been very bored this summer but today finally something interesting happened. Jem and I were just outside when we saw a little boy in the bushes. He introduced himself as Dill. He’s come to stay with his Aunt Miss Rachel for the summer. He seems nice enough. Dill’s funny, likes acting, and has all kinds of stories from the outside world! He’s seen all kinds of shows and movie pictures, even Dracula! Dill lives next door so Jem and I have someone new to play with. The summer is gonna be much more fun now that Dill’s here. I can’t wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment