Music for The Troubled Man


Templates Online

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Journal #10

            School once again started and life seemed dull in the confines of the classroom. I missed Dill and the fun Dill, Jem and I used to have before the trial. Jem and I still walked past Radley place every day to catch glimpses of the mysterious Boo, unfortunately to no avail. Bob Ewell lost his job and seemed to blame everyone involved in the trial for his misfortunes. He broke into Judge Tailor’s house and started tormenting the widow of Tom Robinson. He stopped after being threatened that he would be arrested for his bad behaviour, but he was still not to be trusted.

            In the meantime, the town organised a Halloween party and Jem and I went. We were walking home after the party when Jem heard a noise behind us. A man started running toward us and I fell down while running. The attacker broke Jem’s arm and was about to hurt me when he was pulled away. I ran home and saw that Jem was alright but that the attacker, Bob Ewell was dead. It turns out that Boo saved us from Mr. Ewell but stabbed him in the process. To save Boo from being convicted, the sheriff pretended that Ewell had slipped on his own knife. I realised that Boo was not an evil monster but a kind soul who only wanted to help. The death of Bob Ewell marked the end to the aftermaths of the trial and we could finally get on with our lives.

1 comment: