Music for The Troubled Man


Templates Online

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Journal #6

            Atticus made me promise that I would not fight on his behalf but my temper did get the better of me when I was talking with Francis. He called Atticus a Nigger lover and I couldn’t hold back my rage so I hit him. It’s just not fair that no one has supported Atticus. He did the right thing by taking on Mr. Robinson’s case but because Atticus has chosen to support a black man, the whole town has forgotten that Atticus is a prominent and well respected member of the town. I heard Atticus talking to Uncle Jack and he said that Tom Robinson was innocent but doomed because of the colour of his skin. When I heard that I felt confused because I didn’t understand how he could be made guilty if the black man was innocent. I hope that Atticus will win the case. He is the best Lawyer in the county after all!

            Atticus may be older than a lot of fathers in Maycomb, and he may not be able to fish and hunt, but Atticus really surprised us the other day. There was a mad dog in Maycomb and when it passed near our house, Atticus borrowed a gun from the sheriff and shot it point blank. I never knew that Atticus could do anything else but read and be philosophical until that incident with the dog. Jem wanted to brag to the whole town!  

No comments:

Post a Comment